Monday, February 25, 2008

When You're So Tired of Yourself, the Only Thing Left to do Is Blog

I'm in a February funk.

I freaking HATE this time of the year. It's cold. It's dark. And there is not enough good TV or food in the fridge to satisfy my needs. All I want to do is watch Oprah and eat cheesy poofs.

I know, I know. That's not a very healthy attitude. Not to mention SO not figure flattering.

I actually got my sad, tired, ever-expanding ass on the treadmill today and wogged (that's right, only wogging accurately describes the pace at which I move) a little over 3 miles. It should have felt good. When I was finished, all I wanted to do was eat all the carbs in the house and take a nap. Bleh.

I'll pretty much snap out of it when it's finally March (thank gawd), but in the meantime I'm trying to avoid the self-loathing that seems to consume me and cause me to watch daytime television. I tried to watch Dr. Phil save a really, really sick girl with the worst eating disorder I've ever seen. Usually that sort of stuff makes me hate myself a little less, but it didn't work today.

Now that is one bad funk.

I like to think exercise will knock some sense into me, but as I'm really too lazy to do it as often as I should (more than 2-3 times a week), the results are negligible. I'm chasing the elusive runner's high, but I'm pretty sure it's a myth. Runner's delirium? Sure, I get that all the time. You know, like when your legs are so wobbly you fall off the treadmill instead of stepping off?

It may have to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

February is a really hard month, isn't it? And this year we get a bonus day. Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

Jeannie, I hear ya! It reminds me of that episode of Northern Exposure when everyone was wearing the hats with the full spectrum lights shining on their eyeballs, so they didn't get depressed. At least the days are getting longer, though when I walk outside at the end of the work day and its still COLD, but light, I get frustrated all the more!

Going for a walk in the morning helps ... also even taking one in the evening in the dark is nice. Though I guess that might not be an option in your 'hood?

Anonymous said...

Here's something to cheer you up.. haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAL5KtjC90&feature=related