Thursday, February 7, 2008

Suspension of Disbelief

Right now, at the very moment I'm typing this, Mitt Romney is suspending his bid for the presidency. Now, I have to ask what that means. To me, it sounds like in this season of perpetual vitriol, he is creating a kind of political purgatory.

He's not dropping out, so in essence he's not really out of the game. CNN's link has a very decent explanation of what a suspension means, so I won't go there. But dang, this just gets weirder and weirder.

I have to give the businessman props for being a businessman--he knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away, knows when to run.

Believe me, he's counting his money.

The talking heads will surely be giving him accolades for truly acting like a conservative and, gulp, not spending money stupidly. If only more conservatives, ahem, recalled this principle.

Don't get me wrong. This guy freaks me out. I'm pretty sure he's a cyborg. But at least he's not beating the dead horse before it ends up in someone else's bed.

No comments: