Thursday, May 15, 2008

repartee redux

So...it's been a long time. I don't really deserve to have any blog devotees, considering my sporadic writing, but I sure hope I can win people back. A few people have commented about missing my posts, so I'll take that to heart and try to be more attentive to writing regularly.

In the meantime, I'm going on vacation with my sister and her brood. At this very moment, she's headed down I-29 toward Kansas City to pick me up. Then we'll drive all night, passing through Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama on our way to Florida. We're spending the week on the beach of the Gulf Coast.

My sister and I made a similar road trip 19 years ago after she graduated from college. Only then, I was too young to help her drive. It was just the two of us in her electric blue Chevy Cavalier. This time, we're taking the Sherpa (aka a Ford Excursion), because 5 kids don't fit very well into a two-door Cavalier.

I'm looking forward to the sand and the Gulf, hanging out with my nieces and nephews, and an opportunity to have some girl time with my big sister.

If I can, I'll post from the condo. If not, I'll be sure to share some pictures when I return.

1 comment:

Fweetieb said...

hope your vaca was a lovely, sand-free swim bottoms one.