Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ode to Dorothy

Ok, so I just had to post a blog about my friend Dorothy over at Surrender, Dorothy, who has (gasp!) snapped up a book deal. I'm so proud of her and so thankful that she said I can be more angstful in my own blog posts. She writes about being a mommy and has put a collection together of mommybloggers. While I'm a nonmommy (in terms of human children at least--we have oodles of the furry kind), I find that I relate more to Dorothy than to other bloggers who might be termed as "my kind." You know, us unmarried, childless, career-driven folks.

Oh yeah, and since I titled this an ode, I guess I better throw some ode-like lines in here so I won't be deemed full of empty promises.

Ode to Dorothy (with apologies to Keats)

Woman of wit and thoughtful childfulness,
Close bosom-friend of fine literature;
Conspiring with mommies how to raise and dress
The young child who grows to resemble her.
Ok, so this is really only a small part of an ode, but I couldn't come up with 33 lines (which is also apropos for Dorothy) in such haste. Maybe another day.
All the best, Dorothy! I'm so thrilled for you and that I can say I knew you back before you were famous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I might cry.